MS-201T01 Defining a Hybrid Messaging Strategy MS-201T01
In this two-day open enrollment course you will learn from a certified teacher. The course material is in English. You will always receive an invitation to the location where you register. Our course locations are in Almere and Utrecht. Fully catered for with a luxurious lunch.
About this course Defining a Hybrid Messaging Strategy
This course introduces you to the world of hybrid messaging. You will learn how to deploy a hybrid environment for your Exchange organization and how to migrate mailboxes to Exchange Online. You will begin by examining available mailbox migration options, and then focus on planning for a hybrid deployment. Finally, you will learn how to implement and troubleshoot a hybrid deployment.
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration. The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. To implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organization, the Messaging Administrator must collaborate with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator. The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan Mailbox Migrations
- Plan IMAP Migrations
- Plan Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Perform Advanced Migrations
- Understand Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Deploy and Manage an Edge Transport Server
- Configure a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implement Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshoot Hybrid Deployments
Module 1: Performing Mailbox Migrations
- Planning Mailbox Migrations
- Performing IMAP Migrations
- Performing Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Performing Advanced Migrations
Module 2: Planning a Hybrid Environment
- Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Planning to Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
Module 3: Deploying and Troubleshooting a Hybrid Environment
- Deploying and Managing an Edge Transport Server
- Configuring a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implementing Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshooting Hybrid Deployments
Module 4: Lab - Hybrid Deployment and Management
Lab : Hybrid Deployment and Management
- Exercise 1: Perform a mailbox migration to Microsoft 365
- Exercise 2: Manage hybrid scenarios
- Proficient understanding of DNS.
- Basic understanding of messaging within Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and domain controller infrastructure along with identity management.
- Basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services and directory synchronization.
- At least 5 years of general IT experience.