Scottie Go! has been specially developed for the classroom. With almost 100 levels and 179 tiles, programming is super fun and educational. By using Scottie, the learning objectives of the learning track Programming (computational thinking) are fully covered.
Scottie is a friendly space creature who crashed on Earth. He must repair his spaceship and the children must help him with this. The combination of board game and app makes it even more fun and ensures that they quickly start working independently. The game is available in Dutch.
Scottie Go! works on IOS, Android and Windows. You can use a tablet, smartphone or laptop (with rear camera).
The main learning outcomes:
• Introduction to coding
• Add subtract
• Write algorithms
• Controlling objects
• Using programming concepts:
Important step 1
• Understand which algorithms exist and programs are executed by following precise and clear instructions
• Making simple programs and solving any problems
• Logical reasoning to predict the behavior of simple programs
Important step 2
• Design and write programs that achieve specific goals, including checking and solving problems by breaking them into smaller parts
• The use of sequence and repetition in programs, working with variables and different forms of input and output
• Use logical reasoning, to explain how some simple algorithms work and to find and correct errors in algorithms and programs
Other skills to be acquired
• Improve concentration
• Development of analytical thinking
• Development of planning options
• Self motivation
• Improving orientation in space
• Use of mathematical operations
• Working in groups
Scottie Go! EDU - additional learning resources
• Magnetic tiles - coding tiles for magnetic white and black signs
• Teaching materials including ready-made lesson plans, teacher manual, exercises and progress maps
• Different options for teacher training - conducted by a specialist trainer
Scottie Go! Magnetic tiles In addition to the Scottie Go! game, the Magnetic Tiles are ideal for use in the classroom. The large magnetic coding tiles ensure that the explanation goes smoothly for a group. The tiles can of course also be scanned with the app. This set of 53 tiles can be used for the first 24 levels of Scottie Go!